Thursday, April 8, 2010

Teriyaki Noodles

I found this recipe on sisterscafe.blogspot.com (one of my favorites!), and am just enamored of these noodles! I'm currently eating them cold, straight out of the fridge. Yes, they're supposed to go on top of a decked-out spinach salad, but I truly see no need. Well, unless you're looking for an actual meal, I suppose! As much as I love them, I think there's too much oil and am going to decrease it substantially next time (and there WILL be a next time!). I'll put my estimate/s in parentheses after the ingredient.

1 cup vegetable oil (I'd do as little as 1/2 a cup)
2/3 cup white wine vinegar (or almost 2/3 cup white vinegar + about 1 Tablespoon sugar)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2/3 cup teriyaki sauce (or make your own with 1/2 cup soy sauce, 1/2 cup white vinegar and about 4 Tablespoons sugar - bring to a boil and boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly - take your 2/3 cup from there)
5 Tablespoons sugar (yes, this recipe has a LOT of sugar if you make it yourself)

Cook your favorite shaped pasta according to package directions; drain and cool while whisking dressing. Marinate cooked pasta in dressing for at least one hour in the fridge. Then eat straight out of the bag.

If you're so inclined, assemble a spinach salad using mandarin oranges, craisins, chopped bell peppers, peanuts or cashews, and toasted sesame seeds - also add in some shredded chicken if you'd like. Top with these noodles. Yum yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment