Friday, March 12, 2010

So Good Cookies!

so I don't really have a name for these, but I can't describe how much I love these cookies!! bought them at a church dessert auction last Saturday, ate FOUR on Sunday (and I'm not even supposed to have sugar!), then tracked down the recipe from Kristyn (Ritchey) Merkley. Then I made them the next morning (and didn't even eat any, but gave them to my willing taste testers). THANK YOU!

1½ cups brown sugar
1½ cups sugar
3/4 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup oil (vegetable, canola, coconut, etc.)
3 eggs
1½ teaspoons baking soda
1½ teaspoons baking powder
1½ teaspoons salt
1½ teaspoons vanilla
4½ cups flour
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup butterscotch chips
more of each chip if desired!

Cream sugars with butter and oil. By hand. Add eggs and beat until fluffy. Add remaining ingredients. Shape into rough balls, then bake at 350ºF for 8-10 minutes or until golden.

I got almost 6 dozen cookies here. Not too small, not too big - about 2 inches in diameter, I'd guess.

1 comment:

  1. Rob & I made these last night, and haven't been able to stop eating them since. We took them to church, and fed our classes (the young men and the CTR 4s), and they thought they were delicious. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete